When planning to start a new blog, there is an array of things that every user needs to consider and be mindful of. One of these is the choice of website hosting. From Shared Hosting to Cloud Hosting, from Virtual Server Hosting to Dedicated Servers, bloggers are spoilt for choices. All these hosting options offer some of the best features for bloggers. However, owing to the affordability and ease of management, Shared Website Hosting plans emerge as the perfect choice for first-time bloggers.
As one of the easiest and the simplest form of website hosting, a Shared Hosting solution encompasses the sharing of a single server space between multiple users. Put simply, Shared Website Hosting allows a single physical server to host multiple accounts, wherein all the processing and storage resources of the server are shared among the websites.
Why is Shared Hosting best for First Time Bloggers?
There are multiple reasons to explain the perks of using a Shared Website Hosting for the first blog and the most important ones include:
- Cost-effective: Since Shared Hosting involves sharing the server space, the cost is effectively divided among the users. As first-time bloggers might be limited in terms of money and won’t need a lot of hosting resources, spending huge amounts on advanced hosting solutions seems inappropriate. With Shared Hosting, these bloggers can obtain hosting solutions at a reduced and affordable cost.
- Maintenance and Updates: When users start fresh on their online journey, they might not have significant knowledge or technical expertise to maintain and run the site. With Shared Website Hosting, bloggers need not worry about the backend setup and the maintenance of the server as it is the prerogative of the service providers to ensure hassle-free functioning of the server.
- Sufficient Resources: In order to run a website effectively and seamlessly, one must have enough disk space and optimal bandwidth. Even the most basic plan of Shared Hosting offers enough resources for the first blog. The fact that the blog is new and has limited traffic, spending huge amounts for Dedicated Hosting would be a wastage of resources and money. On the contrary, Shared Hosting provides a minimum bandwidth of 1GB, which is enough to host a maximum of 200 pages and as a first-time blogger, this is not only sufficient but exceeds the requirements.
- Ability to upgrade plans: Another excellent reason why Shared Hosting is best for the first time bloggers is the ease provided by the same. What this suggests is that as the business of the blogger grows or the site experiences more and more traffic, they can upgrade their Shared Hosting plan and, in a way, scale resources so as to adhere to the growing requests.
- Secure Infrastructure: One of the common misconceptions related to Shared Hosting is that the service isn’t secured. However, that’s not true, and it is seen that even a Shared Hosting solution provides the ease to integrate the blogging site with an SSL certificate and ensure total encryption and security. It is proven that websites that aren’t secured tend to rank lower in Google search engine ranking. With Shared Website Hosting, bloggers need not worry about it.
In a nutshell, Shared Website Hosting offers as many resources as needed to run the first blog effectively and successfully. And all of these are provided at an affordable price. So if you are about to launch your first blog, Shared Hosting would be the best solution to invest in.